WWLD? What would Luther do?
Today we remember Martin Luther who reformed the structures that squeezed the life out of the God life. He was a man who confronted the system head-on. Like Jesus cleansing the temple – driving the misdirecting souls away to prevent the happening of misdirected souls.
Some people contend that we need another reformation. I think I agree. We need to reform systems that:
– Reduce the God life to a repetitious attendance of a Sunday meeting
– Shrinks the gospel to “fire insurance”
– Define the church more by a noun than a verb
– Create ‘safe’ Christian ghettos
– Promote leadership structures that are power hungry and archaic
– Are an accumulation of us, me and you THUS we need to reform OURSELVES